Eligibility, Admission Rules and Provisions for B.Ed. Admission Test 2018
Admission rules and Provisions for B. Ed. Admission Test 2018:
1. Admission for B. Ed. Course shall be held for affiliated colleges of University of Allahabad i.e.
- K. P. Training College (Government Aided) Co-ed Institution and
- S.S. Khanna Girls Degree College (Under self finance scheme) for girls only. B. Ed. Course will be of Two Years (4- Semester) which can be completed within a maximum period of 03 years.
- Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in Bachelors Degree and / or Masters Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanity, Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Relaxation in qualifying marks and reservations for S. C. / S. T. /O.B.C. /P.W.D. and otherclasses shall be as per Central Government rules.
- Only those candidates can apply for B. Ed. Admission, who has passed the qualifying U.G. /P.G. examination from the University of Allahabad or any other University recognized by UGC.
- Admission to Teacher Education Institutions affiliated to University of Allahabad shall be done on the seats approved by N. R. C. of N.C.T.E. Any admission over and above this limit shall be invalid.
- Admission to Arts, Science and Commerce streams shall be done on the seats decided on the basis of number of teachers available in different school subjects in a particular institution as per the NCTE regulation (2014). Due to non availability of Commerce teacher in K. P. Training College B. Com. Boys candidates can not apply in B.Ed. admission Test.
- Admission Test and admission shall be governed by University of Allahabad Act- 2005. If new ordinances for B. Ed. are approved they will replace the existing Ordinances.
- If seats are lying vacant under S. T. category due to non availability of candidates, such seats shall be adjusted under S.C. Category.
- If seats are lying vacant under S. C. category due to non availability of candidates, such seats shall be adjusted under Unreserved Category.
- If any candidate of reserved category is eligible for admission on the basis of merit order under unreserved category he/she will be adjusted under Unreserved Category.
- Only those candidates shall be entitled for admission under reserved category who have marked the reserved category in admission form and produced valid document in this regard at the time of admission.
- No correction in the entries shall be permitted after submission of the registration form.
2. Admission Rules and Provisions:
- Admission to B.Ed. course is governed by the directives of NCTE and ordinances related to University of Allahabad Act- 2005. In case of any contradictions in bulletin above ordinances will prevail. Any direction by NCTE or Central Government shall be mandatory.
- Maximum seats for admission in any institution is decided on the basis of availability of teachers. Maximum number of seats is approved by NRC of NCTE. For K.P. Training College (Co-ed institution) maximum intake is 50. (For Arts and Science Streams for Boys and Girls both) For S.S.Khanna Girls Degree College (For Female Candidates only) maximum intake is 100. (For Arts, Science and Commerce Streams)
- Admission to Science and Commerce Graduates shall be done subject to availability of teachers in concerned streams. B. Ed. Department of the college must have science lab of High school level.
- Separate merit list shall be prepared for Arts, Science and Commerce streams for reserved and unreserved category on the basis of scores obtained in admission test. Only female candidates can opt for both the colleges, therefore merit list for female candidates shall be prepared for both the colleges separately.
- Such candidates will not be eligible for admission if he/she has been debarred/ expelled from the University fo r two or more years.
- If there is any discrepancy in calculation of computed scores, the same can be corrected and consequently merit position can be revised. If by such revision the name of any candidate gets deleted from merit order his admission can be cancelled.
- No student of the University (Including any Institute thereof) is permitted to be admitted or enroll simultaneously in more than one degree granting course of study (Including research) in university or to be admitted / enroll in any degree granting course of study in any institution (including an Associated or Constituent college of University) during the period of his admission/enrolment in a degree granting course in the course in the University.
- The admission /enrollment of a student referred to in clause(a) in the course of study concerned in the university shall automatically stand cancelled with effect from the date of his admission /enrollment in any other degree granting course of study in any other institution (including an Associated or Constituent college of the University).
- In case a student referred to in clause (a) secures admission/ enrollment in a new degree granting course of study in the university (including an institute thereof) during the period of his admission/ enrollment shall automatically stand cancelled with effect from the date of his later admission/enrollment.
- A student whose admission/enrollment in a postgraduate degree granting course of study( including law) automatically stand cancelled under clause (C), but who at the time of such cancellation had earned eligibility to appear at any part of the examination of the said course of study as an exstudent may, upon passing to final examination of the new course of study refer to in clause (c) , or upon the termination of his admission/enrollment therein, apply to the examinations committee for permission to appear in the said part of the examination as ex-student, but the examination committee shall not grant such permission except if the record establishes that he had, at the time of said cancellation, earned the said eligibility and not more than four consecutive academic session have elapsed since the academic session in which he was admitted/enrolled in the said part as a regular student.
- No student of the university (including an institute thereof) shall appear as a regular student and/or an ex-student in the same academic session in any part of the examination of more than one degree granting course of study.
- A person who has been on the rolls of the university (including the Associated and Constituent colleges and the institutes thereof) for a period of eight academic session or more (excluding the actual but not more than the permissible maximum period of enrollment as research scholar) shall not be eligible for admission to any course of study.
- No student of the university, other than one sponsored or permitted by his employer to attend (and fulfill the attendance requirement of) the course of study concerned, is permitted to be engaged in whole-time employment or whole-time self employment.