Test Syllabus and Format

B.Ed. Admission Test 2018

Format of Admission Test:

  • B.Ed. Admission Test shall have One Question paper for Two hours duration. This question paper shall have two sections. Section One will have 20 items of Hindi Language Comprehension, 20 items of English Language comprehension, 20 items on General Knowledge and Current Affairs, 20 Items on Mental Ability and 20 Items on Teaching Aptitude. These 100 Items shall be compulsory. Section Two will have 50 Items on Subject content Knowledge. Every candidate shall have to answer all the 50 items from any of the Arts, Science or Commerce Streams. Levels of items will be of three year degree course of B. A. / B. Sc. / B. Com. of University of Allahabad. Items of Arts stream will be from History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Hindi Literature, English literature and Sanskrit Literature subject. Items of Science stream will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology and Botany subjects. Candidates shall have to answer 150 items in all and each item shall carry 02 marks. (0.5 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer) Items of General Knowledge shall be from Indian Social Life, History, Economic Development, Five Year Plans, Education Policy, Literature, Constitution, Sports, Environment, Health, Geography etc. Items of Mental Ability will include Items from Logical Ability, Relational Thinking,

Symbol Transformation, Abstract Thinking and Classification Ability, inductive deductive thinking. Total Questions - 150 Total Marks – 300

Minimum qualifying marks and deduction of marks for gap years:

(i) All students who have passed the qualifying exam in the same year in which they appear in the Admission Test no marks will be deducted from their grand total, but those who appear after the gap of one year 5% marks will be deducted from the grand total similarly two years gap will invite 10% deduction and three years gap will invite in 15% deduction a gap of more than three years will not invite more than 15% deduction.

(ii) The cut-off marks will be 30% for candidates of general category students and 27% for candidates of OBC category. There will be no cut-off for SC/ST students.

  • Candidates are not allowed to talk to other examinees in examination hall, use or attempt to use unfair means or creating obstacles in conduct of examination shall be liable of penalty.
  • Any scrutiny or revaluation of answer sheets shall not be permitted on any ground.
  • No weitage for NCC sports of any category shall be given for Admission in B.Ed. course.